If you have spent any time on our site or curled up with our catalog, you no doubt have noticed there are a lot of stationery styles to choose from. We sell correspondence cards, fold notes, letter sheets, memos, postcards and ensembles. We have had many people ask us over the years why we need so many different types of paper and how are you supposed to use it all. Well, we’ll tell you…
- Correspondence Cards are designed to be used as a quick note for business or personal reasons. We’ve been told that the heavy weight of the stock and the 4 ½ x 6 ¼ size make them perfect for mailing photos. We offer a selection of correspondence cards that have a colored hand-bordered edge. Whether prim and proper or spunky and creative, there’s bound to be a correspondence card that fits your personal style.
- Fold Notes are used for a longer note. Like a card, they also can be used for business or personal purposes, with styles ranging from the more formal embossed note to some very creative printed designs. Embossed notes are very popular as thank you notes. Our wide variety of printed designs range from flowers to pets, polka dots to paisley. There really is one for every personality and purpose.
- Social, monarch and business stationery, often referred to as letter sheets, are for longer letters or business correspondence. The difference between them is the size. Social letter sheets are for just that, social or personal writing, and are 5 ¾” x 7 ¾” or thereabouts. The monarch and executive-sized letter sheets can be used for personal letters or casual business letters and are normally around 7 ¼” x 10 7/8″. Business letter sheets are for more formal business or a supply of company letterhead and measure a full 8 ½” x 11″.
- Memos are meant to be a way to jot down a quick note to yourself or someone else. They are normally not designed to be mailed, which is why most don’t come with envelopes. We sell memos in a variety of colors, styles and sizes. Some are even self stick and make convenient office supplies.
- Similar to the ones you buy from racks in airports, personalized postcards are for quick, informal notes. They are a heavy weight, 5 ½” x 3 ½” card. They are perfect to send with your children to summer camp or to send a quick hello from your own vacation getaway. Unlike correspondence cards, postcards do not use envelopes and are pre-printed on the back with a designated area for the address and stamp.
- Ensembles are just a combination of our products. We also have ensembles that combine notes, sheets and correspondence cards. Likewise, you can get a memo ensemble that just has several different sizes of memo pads. They are perfect for someone who does a lot of writing. They also make nice gifts for the writer in the family or office.