We’ve given you a guide for writing the perfect thank you note, now here are a few tips on what not to do when writing a thank you note.
- Don’t send a thank you email. This is really too impersonal. It shows that you didn’t want to take the time or effort to write an actual thank you.
- Don’t write, “Thanks for the gift. It was great!” You should always mention the gift when writing a thank you. That way the giver knows that you know which gift was from them.
- Don’t use pencil. Pencil is temporary and often times messy. Use black or blue ink.
- Don’t type your thank you. Again, this is too impersonal. You should hand write the thank you using ink.
- Don’t mention dollar amounts. It is tacky to thank she person for the $40 they sent. Instead say, “Thank you for your generous gifts. It was really appreciated.”